"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Monday, September 03, 2007

Final tally for Wella/Farrell

I just saw on the GEB web site that Meg, Murphy's last sibling in training, graduated and is now a guide. So it worked out that 4 of the 8 from the litter are guides. One was released as a puppy, one was released at IFT, and then Maddox and Morley got released from training.

Maddox's release was a little anticlimactic. He had been placed in the July class after not matching in June, and then pulled from it, too. At that point it was decided he didn't want to be a guide, so he was adopted out and is now a pet in NY. I know his raiser was very disappointed, after having had two months of buildup, of him being in class twice and then getting yanked. Oh well!

This was, I believe, Farrell's last litter, so yay for Farrell!

3 Comments:

  • AWW thats sad about Maddox. I was wondering. IK how that feels. But congrats to the other M sibs. Good job all around

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 5:12 PM  

  • That's too bad about Maddox. I'm sure he is enjoying himself with his new family though! Thanks for the update. Have you had any more news from Murphy and partner?

    By Blogger Lisa and pups, At 8:18 AM  

  • Not yet, but I was really bad and didn't answer his letter for about 3 weeks! So I only wrote back about 2 weeks ago. I imagine it is fairly busy for them right now, with school starting.

    By Blogger Angie, At 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home