"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Peace and not so quiet

We're back from a long weekend away, which was very relaxing and enjoyable. I had Friday off, and so that morning, I took Nettie to our town's library, where she can go now that she has her jacket. She was awfully good; she showed some signs of wanting to whine or bark, which she does sometimes when stressed, so we didn't stay long. (That's a great way to get asked back!) Then we went and met our area coordinator, who was keeping Nettie for the weekend, and another raiser, Janet, and her pup, Obie, who is 16 weeks. He is so adorable! I worked him and Janet worked Nettie.

Nina, our AC, always keeps the dogs hugely busy, so Miss Nettie is exhausted. She has barely been awake since I brought her home after work!

But my big excitement today, other than Nettie coming home, was that I got a letter from Murphy's owner. Even though he'd said at graduation that he wanted to keep in touch, I was still very relieved to actually hear from him!

He said that Murphy is doing great, and that their trip home went well, even though they were delayed 3 hours. His retired guide -- as befitting an older girl -- apparently ignores Murphy in the house but will play outside with him. She also did go through some issues of wanting to still be Lance's guide, but it sounds like all that is working out.

He said that his local paper is going to do an article on Murphy, which he'll send to me, so I will post it once I get it.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home