"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Thursday, July 12, 2007

A great day!

I'll post a picture soon, but Nettie had a great evaluation! She got her jacket, and our puppy evaluator was so pleased that she even hugged me!

(This is a new experience for me, after Murphy's evals, where usually we had some sighs and looks of concern. ... but he showed us all!)

I do think that this is the "second child" philosophy at work: all of my friends who have 2nd children (of the human ilk), are so much more mellow with #2. I am definitely much more relaxed with Nettie, and I think that translates at evals. I used to get so stressed with Murphy, and I'm sure, in hindsight, that it got passed on to him.

But Nettie was a doll. She walked nicely on loose leash and stayed in tune w/ me; she sprawled out calmly while we sat on a public bench. I was so proud of her!

5 Comments:

  • The funny thing is with me, I'm the exact opposite, with Jake I was laid back (probably too laid back)
    And with Rei I'm really stressed at times with this animal!!!

    But way to go Nettie! Yay for coats!!

    By Blogger Erin, At 1:07 AM  

  • Yay Nettie! That is so great! I love when you have a great eval...not that Irie knows what that is LOL!

    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah, At 9:11 AM  

  • I'd probably get really stressed too... hey I get stressed at puppy meetings and those don't really mean a huge amount! We don't have any formal evaluations with GDB... just informal ones or "special" ones, for "special" pups like Ellis :) Sometimes I wish we would get evaluated more formally... give me more specific things to work on!

    Good job Angie and Nettie!

    By Blogger Emily and the Labradors, At 2:31 PM  

  • THat's great to hear - I bet you're right. I was always nervous with evaluations with Runza. I'm hoping I'll be much better with my next one.

    By Blogger Lisa and pups, At 11:06 PM  

  • YEY Nettie! Good girl. Evals are soo much better when your puppy behaves and your PE is happy! Im so glad you had a good day and congrats to the new coat. I look frward to hearing about her new adventures with her coat!

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home