"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Let the countdown begin!

This will be the last update until after graduation... We are leaving tomorrow afternoon. The drive from Maine to GEB is about 5 hours if nothing goes wrong, and I don't want to push it. So Andrew and I will drive down and spend the night nearby.

(Luckily, Andrew's musical taste seems to have improved since the last GEB road trip we did, in which we mostly listened to the soundtrack from SpongeBob Squarepants, and assorted Wiggles. Keep your fingers crossed for me.)

I still don't know what I'm going to wear, and I'll be finishing the scrapbook tomorrow night in the hotel. But it will be ready.

I have to 'fess up. I talked to Murphy's owner. I'm writing a follow-up story on Murphy for the paper, and I told my boss I wouldn't do it unless Murphy's owner was ok with it. So GEB asked him, and he was completely on board, and we talked on the phone for a bit. I will spill all on Sunday, but let's just say I am thrilled. I think Murphy could not be going to a better place had I scripted it myself, and I thought Murphy's owner is very nice and a great match. More to come later.

I went to LLBean tonight, and I bought a graduation present toy for Murphy. I teared up a tiny bit when the cashier said "Oh, you'll have a happy puppy when you get home!"

Much more to come on Sunday. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home