"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Monday, September 10, 2007

Two cool things to report...

At puppy class on Saturday, I met some new raisers who will be getting their puppy next month. Later at the end of class, I mentioned for those who hadn't heard that I had gotten one letter from Lance and that Murphy was doing great. (We didn't have an August class, so a lot of folks didn't know yet I'd heard from him.)

Anyway, the woman then came up to me after class and said they'd decided to raise after reading the articles I wrote about raising Murphy! When I wrote the first one in December, their Lab was in poor health and she said she thought she'd like to do that after he died. The second article in July came out right after she had died and she remembered it when she saw it. So I was very happy! I had been kind of bummed, because I had hoped writing them might be a recruitment thing, and didn't think it had happened. They seem really nice and enthusiastic.

The other cool thing: I hate to even type this for jinxing my self, but Nettie has been quiet for two mornings in a row. I'm asking for trouble by even mentioning it, I know.

One other piece of news/adjustment: Apparently GEB is now keeping the pups out much later, and Nettie wouldn't go IFT before March at the earliest. We're kind of stunned because we were figuring she'd go in Nov/Dec, when she'd be 15-16 months old. For reasons I can't get into at the moment, this throws a big curveball our way, and we're going to have to figure out how to handle it. Stay tuned ...

5 Comments:

  • How fun to have that kind of influece with your articles. I hope the family has a great and succesful experience with thier pup. :)

    By Blogger Megan and Orleans, At 2:25 AM  

  • Good for you! I'm glad you were able to get some much-needed raisers!

    Irie is 16, almost 17, months now and she is going IFT in November. I am fully expecting Josette to be with me until I graduate college ;)

    Sarah, I's, and J

    By Blogger Sarah, At 8:44 AM  

  • That is great both about the new raisers and about the two mornings of quiet! A noisy dog is always hard to deal with.

    By Blogger Brittany, At 2:11 PM  

  • Nov/Dec was when I'd been thinking Pekoe might go IFT as well.. but I guess she'll be here for longer than I'd expected. Not sure how I feel about that, lol.

    By Blogger Kelsie, At 11:14 PM  

  • I know what its like to find out that dogs are staying later. We have a dog in my region who is 19 months and shes leaving not till the end of this month (almost 20 months by then!) and her IFT was rescheduled about 4 times. Talk about write in pencil! I was hoping that Glacier would go in about March but maybe I will have her with me for my college graduation which would be nice. Congrats on the raiser recruit and the mornings of quiet. Sending good wishes and quiet dreams to Nettie. Did you see the picture of sister Nia on the web?
    ~MeKalea and half sister Glacier

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home