"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Friday, October 12, 2007

Nettie speaks

Hi everyone,

Mom had to go to Boston for a seminar today, and she says she's too tired to write, so it's my turn, I guess. Geez .. she just sat around all day, what fun is that? Maybe it's this "baby" thing they keep talking about. I don't know. She's starting to look like she's been hitting the treats too much, if you ask me... but I'm cranky because she put me on a diet because she and Nina decided I'd put on a little weight myself!

Anyway, I'm back home. I had a great time last week with Nina and Sal .. we did lots of fun things and I had some puppy playdates with Nancy, another GEB puppy. But I was glad to be home, too, even though that prissy black & white cat poofed up and hissed when I came in. And I didn't even lunge at him! What's his issue? He acted like he thought the house belonged to him or something.

After my buddy Andrew went to bed, I hung out with Mom. I sat there with my head in her lap while she was on the computer, and then napped at her feet. I stayed right with her all evening and was really cute and loving.

Smart me!! That's because I woke up at 2:15 a.m. and barked for 10 minutes ... hey, I was awake and it doesn't hurt to try to see if anyone will come play, right? Luckily I didn't wake the guys up .. just Mom, and she'd been up at 1 a.m. with Andrew, too. So what's she complaining about? It's not like she came down to see me when I barked at 4 a.m. for 10 minutes either. Sheesh. Then the two cats got into a fight in her bedroom at 5 a.m.

Honestly. You wonder why she claims to be tired tonight. I really must start long-lining her and walking her more often to build up her strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home