"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I need a nap

After months of no demand barking in crate, guess what I hear at 5:30 a.m.?

The plaintive whimper, the short investigatory bark and then finally a full-blown bark.

No way am I getting up to reward this, and happily, after about five minutes of barking, Nettie settles down again.

Of course, at 5:45, just as I am thinking I might get back to sleep, husband starts snoring loudly.

At 5:58, just as I am getting used to husband all over again, the baby decides now is a good time to begin practicing her soccer scoring skills.

At 6:13, I hear an imperious "Mama! I want to play Webkinz!" from Andrew's room.

I give up. I think it's a conspiracy. Luckily, they're all pretty cute. (* giving the baby advance benefit of doubt.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home