"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Smart girl!

Whenever I put Andrew to bed at night, Nettie goes into her kennel. The two bedrooms upstairs are off-limits to her, as the cat who hates her needs some "havens" ... and whenever Nettie has gone into those bedrooms, he expresses his displeasure by peeing. Yes, great fun. So it's easiest to let him win and Nettie just doesn't go there.

Anyway, a couple nights ago, I told Andrew, "Time to go put on your jammies."

Upon hearing this, Nettie rose, walked over to her crate, nudged the door open with her nose, and kenneled herself!

She now kennels herself as soon as she sees bedtime prep start ... I do believe she'd stay in the crate even if I didn't shut the door.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home