"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random thoughts, random pictures

One more day of Nettie being here ... I briefly considered taking her to Target tonight to work, but then realized: She knows what she's going to know. So we went outside and played ball instead, and now she's taking a nap.


****

I was listening to my iPod on shuffle last night while walking her, and it was kind of funny -- or maybe I'm just being sappy -- at how the songs seemed to be coming up with meaning.


-- "Instant Karma", John Lennon: Well, we all shine on ...

-- "I've Got You Under my Skin", Frank Sinatra: Well, clearly she did get there, or we'd have never come through that crate-barking phase....

-- "We're All Right", Mary-Chapin Carpenter: .. cross ourselves and hope to fly / No road maps, no signposts/ No North Star, no lifeboats / No cavalry coming in sight / But we're all right.


***


****

Finally, here are some recent random pictures from various outings.






This is from a recent playdate with Kessler, who's going IFT in March, and Sal, a release dog who belongs to our region coordinator.

****



This was taken last Saturday, when we went to meet Carol, who started Nettie, and Ginny, Nettie's half-sister. Ginny, who is 13 months old, is on the left. Aren't they sweet? They had many fans and many compliments working inside Barnes & Noble.

****



Finally, this is from recent practice at home. We were working on "bow" and Andrew decided to help demonstrate for Nettie!

5 Comments:

  • I can't believe she is leaving tomorrow! Good luck Nettie!

    By Blogger Emily and the Labradors, At 11:34 PM  

  • Ah, it seems like time has passed so quickly!! I agree with Emily. Good Luck Nettie! You'll be a super guide dog!

    I thought it was just me who finds meaning in little things like the songs that come up and such! I agree, what great songs - how appropriate!

    I LOVE all the pictures! Especially of her bow, with Andrew's assistance! How adorable!

    By Blogger Lisa and pups, At 7:41 AM  

  • Good luck Nettie! I'm a bit confused...is she going for IFT soon, or is she just moving to another raiser until her IFT? I can't wait to see how she does!

    And can I tell you that I was crying the other night dropping Josette off when a sad song came on the radio.

    By Blogger Sarah, At 12:48 PM  

  • Good Luck Miss Nettie!!! We will be rooting for you on Tuesday as you strut your stuff!! The picture with Ginny is cute! She looks soo much like Glacier! Have a great trip to GEB. Hope the weather is good for your stay. Get some puppy love!

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 3:00 PM  

  • Angie- I know you are away with bigger and more exciting things right now, but I nominated you for an "award"... check out my blog for details if you are interested :)

    By Blogger Emily and the Labradors, At 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home