"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Puppy People will not be surprised

I'm not sure if anyone other than other raisers is reading this blog (great to have all of you!), but here's our announcement:

We're going to finish Nettie. She'll come live with us in a couple weeks, just as she turns 6 months old, and stay until she goes IFT.

This will clear the way for Carol to get one of Zola's puppies, which she really wanted to do. She raised Zola, and she was one of her favorite dogs ever. If the pups turn out like mom, they'll be nice, too.

So Miss Nettie -- aka Nettie Spaghetti -- is coming here, and it almost seems predestined. Bessie, our regional coordinator, brought her to evals back in October, when she was trying to find her a home. I cuddled and played with her, and really wanted her -- I knew Murphy would be going soon -- but at that point, I told Bessie that the puppy, Murphy and I would all be sleeping in the car in the garage if I tried to scoot another dog past Bob!

I did spend a couple hours w/ Nettie in November at an expo where Carol and I staffed the GEB booth, and I told Bob then that she was nice.

Well, he was sold after our babysitting her. She's a little pistol at times, but sweet. Not perfect, but smart, smart, smart. Great house manners. Definitely lower energy than Murphy.

We didn't think we'd get another pup until we knew what was happening with Murphy, but at this point, if he doesn't make it, we'll just have two dogs for a couple months. (We do plan to adopt Murphy if he can't make it as a service dog.)

Pictures to come soon. And yes, Sarah, you were right!

2 Comments:

  • hahahaha, I knew it! They NEVER let anyone stay without puppy for too long :) So glad you will be getting her, and home changes are great (I should know, my last 4 have been!). Be sure to post lots of pictures once you get her! Congrats on the new "baby"!!!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 9:34 AM  

  • Sure go ahead and link my blog!!!

    By Blogger Erin, At 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home