"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My other furry babies

While we wait for Nettie -- only four more days! -- I thought I'd show off my two cats, also known as "distractions."

Squeegee, who is 9, is more adventurous. For obvious aesthetic reasons, I so would have liked to shoot a picture of him and Murphy together, but the photography was complicated by the logistics of getting them together and still. I think in another month, it might have happened. He did actually sniff Nettie one night when she was napping on her mat, so he is getting far more ballsy about this dog thing.

Socks, the tuxedo cat, is a (not so) little puffball and prince. He is 7 and is incredibly sweet and loving, but he did not like Murphy at all and never completely got over him. Finally Murphy grew bored with being hissed at. Socks is the cat who inspired the "Never assume that there is NOT a cat behind the shower curtain" mantra. (Full story in the Jan. 06 archives..)



1 Comments:

  • Awwww, so cute! Irie wants a kitty friend, she even picked one out at Petsmart the other night! They sniffed each other through the cage the cat was in and Irie licked it, it was so adorable!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home