"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I don't know quite what this says about me...

Andrew and I had errands to run on Saturday, including a stop at the redemption center to drop off a load of bottles. So we put Nettie in the car for the ride, even though I wouldn't be formally working her. (You cannot work a pup and a 5-year-old at the same time. Well, if you can, I'd like to meet you.)

Anyway, I had to briefly get out of the car to collect my money at the redemption center. When I got back in, things looked fine, with Nettie on the floorboard where she belongs, etc. I took another gulp of my coffee, and Andrew started giggling hysterically from the backseat.

"Nettie licked your coffee cup," he reported through peals of giggles.

You know what? I kept drinking. This enterprise runs on caffeine. I had 2/3 of a cup left, and I needed that coffee. Besides, it's not like she hasn't slurped my face before anyway. And hot coffee kills germs, right?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home