"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Monday, March 19, 2007

So far, so good

In self-defense, I did cautiously let Nettie play yesterday afternoon. I kept her on the long line, but did not throw a ball or anything, just let her explore and race around at her own pace. She seemed to do well for 20 minutes, and I ended it then, figuring it's better to ease back in. So far, so good. I watched her like a hawk last night, and didn't see any hint of favoring the leg.

She had been getting somewhat obnoxious when she was restricted on exercise -- well, jumping more than usual -- so I'm glad to be past this.

She's quite a sweetie. She's lying on my feet and snoring as we speak. For a girl pup, she makes the most unladylike noises. You should hear her burp after she eats sometimes.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home