"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Monday, April 09, 2007

Girls' weekend

Well, Andrew and Bob are in New York, so Nettie and I have been getting some quality time!

We had evals on Friday, and I think she did pretty well. Since I'm working days now, she had to spend most of the day there. I dropped her and her crate off in the morning and came over at 11:30 for her eval. I think she did pretty well. I was pleased that she acted like herself, if that makes any sense, for Bessie, our puppy evaluator. She clearly knows what she's supposed to do, but she likes to test boundaries, and that's what she did for Bessie. So Bessie had some very helpful tips on what to do with that -- basically, we know Nettie CAN do things, so she HAS to do things to get what she wants, like a toy, her meal or play.

We tested this out Saturday afternoon with a playdate with Keifer, a GEB boy pup who's about 13 months old. They love to run with each other, and so Miss Nettie wanted to yank her way across the yard to get to him and I had to make it clear that we were going on my terms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home