"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Friday, October 19, 2007

Changes, changes

Well, now I have an actual IFT date for Nettie (note, I'm not saying 'official', just a date).

Feb. 2. Which I believe is actually a Saturday, so maybe that's the pickup date. I don't know. Quite different from April or May, for sure. We'll see. Certainly this is more manageable, and if it holds, I may still raise Nettie more, with Nina giving me breaks now and then.

It's like that old saying about the weather .. if you don't like it, wait and it'll change. (GEB raisers will understand my mild snarkiness here.)

Anyway, we're just getting ready for evals -- oh, wait, I mean "Walk & Talks" (oh, more snark again!) -- next week. I took off work early today to make up for two very long days last week of commuting to Boston for a seminar, and met Nina and three other GEB pups and their raisers for a mini-session. Nettie ended up spending the day in the crate in my car while I was at work, and that actually went well. I went and got her at lunch and we went for a walk/work session the. At our "class," she was barky at first, so we slipped the gentle leader on for about five minutes, and then she settled in really well. She played very nicely with Ivanna, a 4-month old pup.

2 Comments:

  • Aww! What a good girl. I'm glad that her date got moved up. Hopefully that will work out well for you. Good luck at "evals" (we still call it that here...we are the last to change.lol). Glacier and I have evals on Wednesday!

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 9:55 PM  

  • Aw, it's kind of nice to have a date, even if it's not "official". My parents are doing an IFT run on that date actually.

    By Blogger Kelsie, At 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home