"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Sunday, March 09, 2008

They have her pegged ...

Nettie's first training report came last week. It's pretty brief, as she only is beginning training. Most of it deals with her health and kennel behavior, which was all rated good. She is just starting out on Colonial Drive (the first area where they work), so instead of a "report card" on training phases, it's just her trainer's observation.

But, I must say, the trainer has Miss Nettie pegged.

Nettie and I met for the first time this week. We are working on basic obedience and proper collar response. Initially Nettie was very difficult to focus. She has shown a high energy level, but is able to come down a bit and focus with time. She can get extremeley distracted in new environments, but again, will settle and focus with repeated expsoure.

Nettie is a sweet, soft girl. She has a great energy about her once she can settle and relax in her environment.

Nettie will begin her 'forward' training next week on Colonial Street. She has demonstrated a lovely obedience routine.

Nettie is currently living with Razzle YLF and Nate GLABYM.


That's so typical of Nettie. In new places, she always had a hard time focusing at first, but I keep reminding myself that once she settled, she was calm and could work. So, we'll see if they can help her reduce that settling phase.

I'm sure I would be panicking if this were my first pup's report, but at least they like her obedience!

8 Comments:

  • Who is Nettie's trainer?

    You have to remember that whoever has her just met her the week of the report, they haven't really built any sort of relationship. I'm sure she'll do fine! I can't wait to see how she progresses!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 12:09 PM  

  • Aww! I have a funny feeling that that will be pretty much word for word what Miss Glazes first report will be . Yey for good obedience and fingers crossed for more good reports soon.(although they always seem to take forever!) I second Sarah...Who's her trainer?

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 11:51 PM  

  • She is training with Michelle Tang. I liked her report though, because she is just saying what the behavior is, and not drawing any conclusions/judgments on it. I know they've only been paired for a week, but this report did make me feel like she "gets" Nettie.

    By Blogger Angie, At 4:20 AM  

  • I'm sure you'll be really happy with Michelle-she is great! She had Diego for a few months, too.

    By Blogger Sarah, At 12:09 PM  

  • She had Mork for his second class. She is really nice!

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 6:15 PM  

  • Sounds like she is doing just fine. It is so nice that you keep you informed.

    By Blogger Trish ~ ♥ ~, At 7:18 PM  

  • Sorry ... that they keep you informed.

    By Blogger Trish ~ ♥ ~, At 7:20 PM  

  • Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home