"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention!

Nettie is in class and may graduate on Aug. 16 if all goes well. She is currently paired with a woman from Lawrence, Kansas. I can picture Nettie working at a university setting, and I think that she would be very happy doing so! She was always happiest out working. I am excited and proud for her. Now, just have to hope that human puppy will cooperate and be good during graduation. Older human puppy is far more easily bribed -- a new book and Gummi bears will do the trick.

(Actually, we used to play a training game with Nettie in which Andrew would also do the commands -- down, stay, sit, bow -- along with her and his 'kibble' would be fruit snacks. Fortunately, I never goofed and fed the wrong kibble to the wrong one.)

Back to topic. Another of our Maine dogs, Fiera, also is in class, and hopefully will be making friends with Princess Coral really soon!

I really enjoyed puppy class last Saturday. I took Rebecca along and actually ended up getting a chance to work Genevieve, a wonderful 5-month-old pup. Yes, you can work a smaller pup with a baby strapped to you in a Baby Bjorn. .. not saying I would do it on a day-to-day basis, though! I also experimented with shooting some video for our Maine GEB website. I really like some of the new work with the dogs on a long line.. I used to do that with Murphy & Nettie and it was always fun and effective with them. I also love the new "get dressed" command for the collar!

5 Comments:

  • Lawrence, KS!!!!!

    That's awesome!! I'm in Lawrence all the time. I'll keep a look out for her if she really does go there! Keep us posted and I'll let you know if I ever spot her! :)

    Ooooh, I'm SO excited! If you ever want to come visit - the house is always open!

    By Blogger Lisa and pups, At 12:53 PM  

  • Yay! Can't wait to see the website, too.

    By Blogger Sarah, At 1:13 PM  

  • Yay! Great news once again! I hope it is a perfect match!

    By Blogger Emily and the Labradors, At 12:13 AM  

  • Congratulations to Nettie!
    Yes, I can't wait to meet Fiera!

    By Blogger Princess Coral, At 5:54 PM  

  • YEY!! Congrats to you, Nettie & her partener as well as Fiera, her raiser and her new partner! Im so glad that I got to meet her at RC workshop. She is a wonderful girl! Fingers crossed for a great time at graduation! If you happen to do the kennel tour I know there is a certain G sister from the ST region that would love to meet you. *wink*. O and I love your region blog (Ann emailed it to me) you do a great job! Cant wait to hear about graduation!

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home