"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Not all Labs are created equal

I am babysitting tonight and tomorrow for Pup Who Shall Remain Nameless, in order to protect its reputation.

Nettie, it turns out, was an amateur when it came to barking.

It is now 3:15 and Pup Who Shall Remain Nameless has been at it since 1 a.m. I have come down to sleep on the family room couch, to see if having someone in the same room will make her be quiet. (Apparently at home she sleeps in crate in daughter's bedroom.)

Fortunately, husband and both children can sleep through pretty much anything, and have not stirred from this commotion. But tomorrow should be fun -- this pup is also a real bad jumper, and I'm not thinking I'm going to be able to trust her around the kids.

I think the next time, I may ask a few more questions before I agree to sit ... Pup Who Shall Remain Nameless is a year old and doesn't have jacket yet ... hmm. If I'd known that, I might have been busy tomorrow.

At least I didn't agree to keep her for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home