"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Waiting ...

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. ... Live the questions."
-- Rainer Maria Wilke


I am hoping for a report on Murphy this week, and this quote, which I've always liked, is more apropos than ever. I haven't gotten a formal report on him since March 5, and I saw him in late March. I did finally ask our AC when I might hear, and she said she thought I'd hear something this week. I keep telling myself no news is good news.

I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that I probably think about Murphy daily, or nearly so. If I were to tell anyone outside GEB that, I'm sure they would think I was pining or obsessed or something. However, I think it's more a reflection of how much I have invested and how many hopes I have for him. I wonder a lot about who might be the best match. I wonder a lot about whether he/she will want to keep in contact with us. I love Murphy -- if it doesn't work out for him, he will come home. But I want to see him be a guide, plain and simple. What I think would hurt is if he becomes a guide and his person chooses not to stay in contact. And I know that has happened to some people in the Maine region, who now have no idea of how the dog is doing.

I think when you care for them that deeply, on some level, you just have to know that things are good for them.

4 Comments:

  • When Diego was with Woody, I only got one report around March, so you didn't miss one! I think she said her string will be ready for the June class, fingers crossed Murphy's perfect match will be there! Keep us posted if you get a report!

    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah, At 9:16 AM  

  • Fingers crossed for a good report. I know what its like waiting for news and as you say no news is good news.

    By Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster, At 8:57 PM  

  • Did you get a report? I got one today :)

    By Blogger Sarah, At 6:21 PM  

  • Aagh! Maybe tomorrow!

    By Blogger Angie, At 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home