"Not My Dog": Tales from Puppy Raising

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Careful what you teach them....

When I go blueberry picking, I can be kind of annoying.

I don't know why, but I find it hard to leave a blueberry patch. Every bush, I see what might be the most perfect berry I've ever seen. And then another. And another. And so forth.

This is to the great consternation of my junior berry picking assistant. On Monday, he was READY to go HOME. (All caps to convey the eye-rolling.)

I insisted on stopping again, and then I hear my son making the cluck cluck noise my husband calls "the all-purpose animal call" and saying, "C'mon, mommy, c'mon!"

"What," I asked him, "are you doing?"

"I'm jollying you along, Mommy."

So I've been reduced to being compared to a pup that won't stop sniffing.

The boy may have a future in dog training.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home